Ready to Start Your Career?
Safe and Stable Career Options
Tired of going from job to job, or gig to gig? Want a more stable schedule that you and your family can depend on for consistent working hours? A pharmacy technician job is the perfect way to get these, as hours are always set, with great paid leave, holiday time, and scheduling.
Great Job Opportunities and Availability
The demand for medications and pharmacies is the highest ever, and not going down at all with the baby boomer population coming in. There are hundreds of pharmacy technician positions available, and even more coming up in the future to match the increasing demand.
High Pay, Benefits and Time Off
Tired of minimum wage drudgery? Pharm techs can make $30,000 - $50,000 per year, depending on location and the individual company. Match that with great benefits (healthcare, medical, 401k, dental, etc.), and flexible time off and you have a great career that you'll love!
The best time to jump start your life and career is now. A new career working in a Plano pharmacy, and helping Texas individuals get better isn't only rewarding, but steady and safe for the long term.
It’s time for you to finally make the jump and get the training you need to begin a new career that will be good for you and your family in the long term. You can finally say goodbye bad managers, to horrible hours pay, being miserable regular and having to be away from your family and Plano home an excessive amount.
You can get into a safe and stable livelihood that is booming right now by starting a career as a pharmacy technician! With demand continuing to grow at an amount that is fast, there’s never been a better time to get into a Plano drugstore to assist people become healthy again.
There are many schools that have scholarships and grants available to working people in the Texas region. Many who are currently working full time get some or all the school tuition covered, and can qualify for these.
3 Useful Tips for Aspiring Pharmacy Technicians
The career path of a pharmacy technician is very lucrative, as BLS or Bureau of Labor Statistics records an overwhelming demand for these specialists in hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, pharmaceutical laboratories, and even in the military. One can practically land a job as easily as landing a job as a banker in this day and age, only this time it’s in the healthcare industry.
But how does one get into this lucrative career path? We have three amazing tips on how to become a pharmacy technician for those of you who’re aspiring to be one, and these tips coming from a certified pharmacy technician.
- First, you need to get good training. This basically means that you need to get the best education possible from pharmacy technician schools Plano Texas. You need to invest in a lot of time and effort in researching the best pharmacy technician schools in town, or in your local state. It doesn’t matter if you’re going for traditional pharmacy technician schools Plano TX or online pharmacy technician schools Plano TX. What matters is the quality of your education. You need to enrol in programs that will help build you up as a competent and skilled pharmacy technician, from the preparation of medications and drugs to knowing the different laws governing the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Your training matters because it also affects how much your salaries will be as you progress in your career. It’s easy for you to land jobs even if you’re against other good techs. Qualifications for the pharmacy tech jobs vary too, so it’s good to have the right amount of skills and training.
- Second, pass your pharmacy technician certification exams even if it means taking them twice or thrice. At the very least, you are only required to take the exams three times so you have three times to pass it. The exam consists of 110-multiple choice items which range from identification to problem solving questions. Passing the exam will allow you to work as a pharmacy technician all across the United States and in other countries like the United Kingdom. In the USA, pharmacy technicians are required to be certified or licensed before they can practice their profession. It will also open lucrative job openings for you.
- Lastly, find the right job. Just because you’re a pharmacy technician, doesn’t mean that you will be doing the same thing in different places. If you get a job in a hospital pharmacy, that’s great but there are other options too like in the military facilities or in research firms. Of course, you’d need to get a graduate degree in pharmacology or anything related to get a job in these places. This is where you’ll need to cycle back to tip #1 – finding a good school.
Again, if you want to expand and broaden your horizons and job opportunities, you’ll need to get better training and this time, undergraduate degrees will not be able to give you what you need. Graduate programs are very important for those who want to stay in the pharmaceutical industry simply because the field continues to evolve and that the payroll relies on what you learn and what you gained from your pharmacy technician schools. Of course, it’s logical to pay someone who’s graduated with a PhD in pharmacology more than someone who just graduated from a 6-month program. Follow these tips and you will be a successful and skilled pharmacy technician in the USA.
Quit fighting for more hours, and get a steady livelihood that you could depend on for years to come, and have security for your Plano family.
Are you tired of having to chase down positions or new occupations in Plano ?
Are you sick of fighting for more hours when things always change based on seasonal demand throughout Texas?
Well now is the best time to get into a Plano pharmacy, which has secure and consistent working conditions and hours, no matter what time of year.
The hours are appropriate during the typical school day, and you can order your program to be able to spend additional time with family and your children researching Plano than ever before.
Thus put that terrible dead end job behind you for good, and get your life heading in the right direction straight away. Get the training you have to work in a pharmacy as a tech today!
You will adore the safety and security that the job will give you for several years to come, and ’ll never regret the career decision!
Unlike the old Texas the new application procedure is simpler and considerably faster, so you can get accepted in only minutes online if you qualify.
Many folks like to stress out about the program process that they used to must go through to get into school in Texas.
This isn’t any longer the case. The application procedure is currently shorter and simpler than before!
The program itself requires fundamental info that is private, and usually only takes a couple of minutes to complete. But within minutes you may discover if you were accepted or not into the Plano and how much in grant and scholarship money you can anticipate.
This program procedure is much easier than the typical ones for other Texas schools.
Today go through the procedure, and just see if you may get accepted, and how much you can anticipate to get back in scholarships and grants!
Get on the movement now with this highly in demand career now, and prepare for huge growth potential in the future all over Texas.
It’s no mystery the overall population in the United States and state of Texas is getting older every year.
As a growing number of baby boomers continue to get older and retire, the demand for medical and medication services continues to skyrocket.
This fact is only going to continue for years to come, and jobs in these fields will become more and more in demand as mature employees desire the services even more, and begin to retire.
So now is the best time to get into the pharmacy technician career field in Plano, so you could give your family a safe and secure future.
There are hundreds of jobs all around Texas, and dozens in the city of Plano that could use a pharmacy tech just like you. Are you prepared to make the occupation and get into a comfortable and stable occupation in this way?
Last Updated 01/13/2019
Other Cities Around Plano That We Serve
Frequently Asked Questions About Pharmacy Tech Programs in Plano
- Can someone without health care experience work as a Pharmacy Technician?
- How long does a degree program for a Pharmacy Technician take?
- What characteristics should a good Pharmacy Technician have?
- What is the income average for a pharmacy technician in Plano, Texas?
- What are the requirements to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam in Texas?
- How many pharmacy technicians does one pharmacist need?
- What questions should I ask myself to see if a job in Plano as a Pharmacy Technician is right for me?
- What responsibilities does a pharmacy technician in Plano have?
- What is different about a Pharmacy Technician from other professionals in the healthcare field?
- How much does a Pharmacy Technician program cost in Plano?
Can someone without health care experience work as a Pharmacy Technician?
It is not impossible to go to Pharmacy Technician school or get a job in the health care field even if you do not yet have healthcare expertise in Texas. Working in this field as a Pharmacy Technician or another occupation that is related will require that you participate in training. It is really important that you simply learn all that you can in your school and in your training so that you are prepared for the occupation as it's kind of high demanding.
How long does a degree program for a Pharmacy Technician take?
Many people that are going to be going to school to become anything desire to understand how long they're going to have to attend school for. They will generally have to go to school for around two years when someone wants to become a Pharmacy Technician,. The program generally takes about five semesters to finish. This is merely in general, as each Texas school directs their own plan so the duration may change determined by the type of program and how in depth the program is going to be.
What characteristics should a good Pharmacy Technician have?
What is the income average for a pharmacy technician in Plano, Texas?
While the income amount does change depending on the location and the setting in which they work, the center part of pharmacy techs in Plano will get everywhere in the range of $24,000 to $40,000 on an annual basis. Many pharmacy technicians, again determined by where they work, can even get benefits from their job.
What are the requirements to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam in Texas?
There are really numerous conditions that someone must match if they'd like to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination. The first requisite is that they must have graduated from high school (in Plano, Texas or elsewhere). They must have their GED or their high school diploma. The second demand is that they mustn't have any felony convictions. The third requirement is that they must not have any drug or pharmacy convictions, not misdemeanors on their record. The fourth requirement is that they must not have any revocation, suspension, denial or even limitation on their license or registration.
How many pharmacy technicians does one pharmacist need?
Part of knowing more about the growing job market for pharmacy technicians is learning about the work that pharmacists do and what help they want from pharmacy technicians. On average, every pharmacist will need about three pharmacy technicians to help them in the job. Knowing this can assist you when you go searching for occupations in this field in specific areas or states (like Texas).
What questions should I ask myself to see if a job in Plano as a Pharmacy Technician is right for me?
There are some questions you can ask yourself if you're looking into getting work as a Pharmacy Technician or going to school for. It's possible for you to ask yourself if you are able to see yourself doing that kind of work for quite a while and working with and dealing with patients who are getting their drugs? Who can ask yourself whether you have the traits and abilities that it takes to work in the front lines of the drugstore field? You can ask yourself whether you enjoy the prognosis for this occupation?
What responsibilities does a pharmacy technician in Plano have?
A pharmacy technician will work at a Plano hospital or even a retail position in Texas. They will be of help of the pharmacist by inventing, labeling and dispensing the drugs. They may additionally repackage the medications and spread some of the most routine medication orders. Keep track of records and two of the other main jobs of a pharmacy technician is to do drug inventory.
What is different about a Pharmacy Technician from other professionals in the healthcare field?
A Pharmacy Technician differs from other professionals in the health care area. Ordinarily, a Pharmacy Technician will work in the main parts of the company along with the Pharmacist they're helping. They'll be helping dispense drugs at Plano hospitals and other places too. The man someone speaks to when they call the drugstore is typically going to be a Pharmacy Technician.
How much does a Pharmacy Technician program cost in Plano?
Desiring to understand how much schooling for a particular type of application is going to cost is another common question. The Pharmacy Technician programs again can change depending on the school and how long the program is. The normal price will average around $6500 to $9500. This may also vary based upon the price for uniforms, tuition, assessments, textbooks, background checks, vaccinations and other things too.